Author Topic: So, going back to the little problems I had in installing the 2018 and 2019 vers  (Read 292 times)

Offline alvaro

• AVLinux User
You will see that they are really very small problems ...
First, in both versions:
Time zones and Data ... Installs directly within the Canadian scope. I may have missed some configuration options in the menu, but the suggestion is to include more language and location options at the time of installation.
Easily tidy via dpkg-reconfigure tzdata / locales
Second: Related to the first, the keyboard starts unconfigured in the graphical environment. I had to configure via dpkg and via the Linux AV Wizard. After that, I still had to configure it in the XFCE configuration manager. Boring, but, it works well.
And third, only in the 2019 version:
Jack did not work and wine did not open VST's on Carla. I didn't try to fix it directly, I went over and did an apt-update and upgrade, to install the KXStudio metapackages. As soon as I installed them, I did not have any more problems .... I don't know why, but if anyone can explain these questions, maybe it doesn't happen in the next versions. That's it, thank you guys!

Offline GMaq

• Administrator
  • A/V 'Nixer
    • www.bandshed.net
Hi,

Thanks for your posts..

Systemback (used for installation) only allows for installing the system as-is, there are no easy ways to incorporate common debconf settings (locales, keyboards, etc.) during install, this is why it is a 2 step process.

I'm a bit concerned JACK didn't work for you, it is working here on my ISO's for testing, perhaps it was an incorrect setting?

It seems that the version of Carla that got on the ISO had a bug with WinVST plugins, however they should still work in Carla if your select the WinVST ".so" files that are created by LinVST.

Offline alvaro

• AVLinux User
Thanks GMaq ...
As I said, problems with Jack have been solved with the installation of KXStudio and Cadence meta-packages. No more problems about that.
About Carla's bug, I'll try your suggestion ... The plugins will run without graphic interface, correct?
Can you tell if Carla's Bug is expected to be fixed soon?