Author Topic: lin-vst-server32.exe crash  (Read 51 times)

Offline Unkle Bonehead

• AVLinux User
lin-vst-server32.exe crash
« on: December 07, 2018, 04:43:27 AM »
Hello All!
I keep getting a lin-vst-server32.exe and lin-vst-server.exe crash warnings whenever I try to start Muse2 and 3, OpenOctave Midi, Rosegarden. Seems like its only with midi editors. Everything runs fine with Ardour. Is this a wine issue? I'm running AVL64-2018 6.25 and all up to date.

If this is some conflict with those midi editors what would anybody suggest to use. I'm trying to learn midi editing and Ardour isnt making it easy for me.

Offline Unkle Bonehead

• AVLinux User
Re: lin-vst-server32.exe crash
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 05:44:16 AM »
I think I've figured out the crash by using Carla rack. When you install OpenOctave editor it creates a directory in /usr/local/lib/vst/omb2 for its plugins. But since I couldn't ever get it to start and install those plugins that may have caused the conflict. But I don't know I am not a linux expert at all.
So I went ahead and tried removing those midi editors. Now Carla rack is still searching for plugins in /usr/local/lib/get/omb2/ and I can't figure out how to make it stop. I've tried removing /usr/local/lib/vst restart Carla then rescan. No problems. Add that path back and problem comes back. I tried making a new directory with a different name and it still looks for the vst/omb2 /. Is there a config file to edit?