Author Topic: Ardour + linvstconvert: VST stops working after reloading the project  (Read 124 times)

Offline cyan

• AVLinux User
I'm trying to get some VST to work on Ardour. ArdourVST kinda works, but it's rather limited - only available on 32bit AV Linux and rather crashy.

What I did:
I converted the VSTi 'drumatic 3' into a .so file with linvstconvert (it's located in a ~/VST/drumatic, if that makes a difference) and created a short test loop with it in Ardour, saved the project, restarted Ardour and loaded saved project.

What didn't work:
After loading the saved project, the drumatic track stays quiet, while the synth track with an LV2 plugin worked fine. If I remove and readd the VST, there's sound again, but the state of the plugin is gone - whatever knobs I tweaked before saving are reset to default.

Questions:
- Did anyone have similar issues, or might it just be this particular plugin (I wasn't able to convert the other one that I wanted at all)?
- Does anyone know, or at least have a tip, what I can do?
- Did anyone get a VST work reasonably reliably at all, or is there no other way but to ditch all VST?

Offline korakios

Trying Carla as a VST host works ?

Offline cyan

• AVLinux User
Sorry, I forgot to mention Carla. I wasn't able to get the plugins I tried (drumatic 2, drumatic 3 and synth1) working with Carla at all - iirc there were dozens of error messages about missing stuff when trying to add the plugins.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:10:50 PM by cyan »

Offline korakios

Don't know what the issue is. Carla seems to work fine. Try a system update through Synaptic.